This posting includes links to two videos.
I’m always skeptical when I hear someone claim that something in the field of teaching ESL is the best. But I can say from all my 40 years in the field that this technique is the best for teaching listening for teachers and students in so many ways.
What makes this so special is that we can easily match the students’ interests with their level of listening skills. There is no need to search for a book that might come close to doing that.
Here is how it works:
Some of the exciting features of this using this technique are:
- It doesn’t take special skills for the teacher or tutor to use.
- It doesn’t involve a lot of preparation.
- The source of the listening is free and easily available.
- The topics will be exactly what students are interested in.
- The level of what students listen to will be right at their level.
To demonstrate this technique, I’ve made two videos:
For sample materials that can be used with this technique, see Amazing Technique to Customize Listening to Movies, Podcasts etc. for any Level of Ability